Saturday, March 25, 2017

Atlanta >> Thailand >> New Zealand

My upcoming cross-country move from Atlanta to San Francisco called for a solo globe-trekking adventure to officially close out my 9-year run in ATL!

After hours of over-planning and reaching the end of the interwebs, here's my itinerary for the next 17 days:
Day 1-2: Travel time to Thailand
Day 3-4: Chiang Mai
Day 5-9: Phuket and Phi Phi Island
Day 10: 12-hr layover in Melbourne en route to New Zealand
Day 11: Christchurch and Hike @ Arthur's Pass
Day 12: Hike @ Mt. Cook
Day 13-15: Milford Sound
Day 16: Queenstown
Day 17: Time-traveling backwards on my "32nd" bday, air quotes because technically I think that means I just get younger :)

30 hours of traveling later, featuring several drool-filled neck-cramping naps on the plane, my body is loaded up on probiotics and Airborn and me and my millions of new intestinal bacteria friends have finally made it to Thailand!

The hostel scene in Thailand is ridiculous, so many options and all super cheap. I landed on the Green Tiger Vegetarian House within the Old City, mostly based on reviews and apparently also somewhat based on the same logic I use when picking out fine wines (Cool name and logo? Sold). I didn't get in until midnight, but I spent a little time in their jungle-like lobby letting the mosquitos eat me for 5th meal before heading to bed.

  Green Tiger Vegetarian House

Tomorrow I plan on  exploring temples and stuffing my face with (hopefully sanitary) Thai food.




4 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you made it safe. I'm going to live vicariously through your blog :o). When I say "live through", I really mean, post tons of food pics please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it's a struggle for me NOT to take food pics! Also, I have already had to use my broken Chinglish while here, you'd be so proud.

      Delete
  2. Hi, it's Nikia from work :) I had no idea you were traveling! I think this is great, and looks like such an exciting adventure. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete