Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Phuket: Kata Beach

Arrived in Phuket and spent my first night on Kata Beach!

Jet lag still messing with me... morning jog at 6am

Kata Beach is just south of Patong Beach, which I purposely avoided because apparently I'm officially old (things that also make me feel old... immediately buying SPF 50 sunscreen when I arrived because ever since I turned 30 my mom has drilled into me a fear of wrinkles).  Patong is the more well-known area of Phuket and reminiscent of freshman year spring break at PCB but even dirtier.  I passed through Patong while on the minibus from the airport, and even with the windows closed I could feel all the booze and bad decisions seeping through my pores.  If there is a Senor Frogs that exists in Thailand, it would be here. Gross.

Seeing all the 7 Elevens and mopeds reminded me of Taipei.


At my hotel I tried to get the poolside bartender to give me some good recs for Thai street food nearby, but he was too terrified that he'd be responsible if I got sick and started peeing out my butt so he only told me about the tourist-approved spots.  I decided to go to The Boathouse next door for a fancy pants romantic dinner with myself by the beach. 😌

Me and myself were diggin the softshell crab and noodle-wrapped prawns 🍤 .

 

Kata is supposed to have good snorkeling at the rocks on the North end of the beach but I left early in the morning for Phi Phi Island so I didn't get to check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Great insight. If the locals are recommending you stay away from local food, I would take their advice. Been there done that with the butt experience. 😩

    ReplyDelete